Poker is the most attractive and popular card game in the world, present in many casinos in Vietnam and in the world.
This card game is quite simple but extremely interesting and is played by many at casinos. To better understand what poker is, we will bring you an overview of this game.
What is Poker?
Poker is a card game with many variants. Although each variant has its own rules, the common point is that players will bet on their hand (raising). Whoever has the best hand wins the pot, or the raiser wins if no one calls.
Poker varients are classified into the following three categories:
- Draw: In this variant, each player is dealt 5 or more cards. All are face-down, they are then allowed to see their cards. Players are allowed to discard and ad one or more cards with a certain number of times.
- Stud: In this variant, each player is dealt 5 or 7 cards. Some cards are face up for all to see. Players cannot change cards as in Draw poker.
- Community card: In this varient, each player is dealt an initial number of cards. Then the centre of table will provide a number of community cards. Players will combine their cards with the cards on the table to create the best hand possible
Types of poker at Corona Casino
Corona Casino is the first casino in Vietnam for Vietnamese. Here, players can participate in Poker games with diverse gameplay.
Corona Poker is one of the variants, offering a thrilling and engaging feeling when playing cards against the House. Each round uses a 52 card deck. The gameplay is quite similar to traditional poker: Hand higher than the House’s hand win.
- Blind and Ante with equal amounts of money are required before the start of the round.
- Place Trips if you believe that the hand has Three of a Kind or higher, and the bet will be awarded or lost without comparing your hand with the House hand.
- At this time, the dealer will announce No More Bets and begin dealing the first 5 face-down cards, which is called the 5 pool scard.
- Then each Player who has made a bet is dealt 2 cards.
- There will be 3 more bets:
- After the cards are dealt
- After the dealer reveals the first 3 cards out of the 5 pool cards.
- During these 3 bets, the Player may decide to fold, wait or place Forced Bet.
This variant was originally from Russia and gradually gained popularity in Asia. Russian Poker uses a 52-card deck and ranks of the Players’ handand the House to determine the result. The special feature in this game is that the Player has the right to buy an additional 6th card or change 2 to 5 of his or her own cards, to create the best hand to win the House’s hand.
Xì tố ba lá
Three-card poker is a poker game where the Player’s win or lose is based on the comparison of his hand and the House hand. Rankings in this variant are as follows: Ace, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.
- Before the start of the round, the Player must place the Ante, and can place a Pair Plus bet if they wish to bet that their hand will have 1 pair or more. Three face-down cards will be dealt to each Player and finally the House.
- The Player’s hand will be compared only with the Dealer’s hand and not with that of anyone else on the table.
- The Player will then check his or her hand and decide whether or not to place the bet and Play so that the hand can be compared with the House, with the bet equal to the Ante.
- If you fold, it means the round has ended and the dealer will collect Ante and Extra Bets (if any).
- If the Player places money on a Play bet, the hand is shown and compared with the Dealer’s hand.
What is poker? How to play poker? By now you may know tht this is a very simple and easy to understand card game. Poker is considered to be a game that is entertaining, brain training, memory training and is very popular today. To learn more about the gameplay and awards, click here!